In-House SEO vs. Outsourced SEO
If you’re a business owner, or business manager then you’re no stranger to search engine optimization. In this article I am going to help you discover the pros and cons to both in-house SEO and outsourced SEO and hopefully give you some good insight on which one might be best for you.
- SEO Expertise
- Broad Digital Marketing Experience (Google Ads, Facebook, SEO, Programmatic etc)
- Consistant Staffing
- Detailed Reporting & Analytics
- Typically cost less than hiring a dedicated employee
- Staying up-to-date with the every changing world of SEO
- Access to pricy enterprise SEO research tools
- Still expensive
- Less control
- Lack of transparency
- Divided attention
- May not be comprehensive
- Agencies may never fully understand your business, goals & needs
- Managing an agency with lack of SEO understand is a recipe for disaster
- Some agencies cut corners and can leave you in a worse position
- Full control over the process
- You’re guaranteed to have a representative fully immersed in your brand
- You can always outsource parts of the work.
- Your investing in your people and your business
- It can cost more
- It’s almost impossible to have one person who’s an expert at everything. SEO is complex and requires diverse skills and technical abilities.
- You may not be able to grow as quickly
As you can see, there are PROs and CONs to both in-house or outsourced search engine optimization. At Negative SEO Consulting, we help reduce the cons to in-house SEO by helping you developing your teams skills, abilities and serving as consultant and to provide oversight.
If you’re considering moving your digital marketing in-house, give us a call at 843-279-4558 to determine if this is the best move for your business.